Name: Farah Yaasmeen
Age:14 (going on to 15)
D.O.B: 20 October 1994
Words of Wisdom: 'Never be a slave to your pencil.'-By Me
Thanks for reading (if you did) :D The coloured tabs on the side of the 'Notebook' are the navigations and you can swtich off the music player if you want to, cause hey, it's your
computer. Enjoy! :D
Thursday, December 18, 2008
My grandfather died today. The one on my mum's side. The one who had to stay in a nursing home because he was bed-ridden and had to be fed through a tube.
I was in council when I got my dad's call. My aunts and grandmother were already at the hospital, along with my mum. When I got into the car, Haikal was sitting in the back, sobbing. I had nothing to say, because I was never really close to my grandfather. The memories I have of him mostly are of him being bed-ridden, in a wheelchair or just sleeping. He was fierce, I remember that, and had a loud voice. He would shout or snort loudly in Hokkien whenever he got irritated with my grandmother or my aunts. I called him 'Ah-Gong'.
My third aunt called my mum this morning when we were getting ready to leave the house; me, for school, and my parents and my brother to go cycling. Three Yee Yee (I call my third aunt that; I call all my aunts by numbers except for the first. I call her Da (biggest) Yee Yee) said that my grandfather had trouble breathing so my mum rushed us out.
He died peacefully in his sleep; according to my dad. I wasn't that shocked though. He had been slowly dying ever since he had been bed-ridden. He shrunk when in the hospital before being sent to that nursing home.
The room was filled with people. My aunts were all crying rather hard. Even my dad cried. I hugged my only female cousin. She's older than me by five years, I think. Only my two male cousins, Perry and Paxton weren't crying or anything. Nor was their dad or Uncle Johnny. Even Kelvin Gor Gor was there. He cried too; he was here without his wife and still in those attires that business men wore to work, carrying a backpack. I don't know where his parents are, because they're my mum's and my aunts' god-parents.
My dad was supposed to send my laptop for re-servicing today, and my baby cousin was to come over for us to babysit him. The laptop-servicing is postponed until after the funeral. I don't know about the babysitting.
I heard that the wake will be at 249, the house where my grandparents used to live at Choa Chu Kang. Heck, where all of my aunts and my mum used to live. Now only my second aunt lives there. My third aunt wanted to live independently two years ago. It's a pretty big house; the walls and floors are mostly white. My cousins and I always play cards in the room nearest to the living room during Chinese New Year.
I'm actually glad for my grandfather. He doesn't have to suffer anymore. He had been in and out of the hospital for the past years that it had ceases to shock me or make me worried. But I really hope he rests well and in peace.
Mum's not gonna be back for awhile. She has to handle the coffin stuff and all that.
5:03 PM